For 2016, I’ve 6 week-long retreats scheduled, of which just one, in southern France, is exclusively focused on the art of writing (‘Seize the Week’, below).
The other 5 are more holistic in nature, where writing is seen both as an exploration and expression of our relationships – to our creativity and imagination, to our inner world, to our humanity and other humans, and to the land and the other-than-human. Because of the way I work, we could say they’re also about soul-making and our place in this web of nature. However, clearly the weeks are also focused on our own expressive writing.
These involve some walking, writing, bardic aspects, and other creative arts. Details of the August/September/October retreats have yet to be updated.
- Islands of the Heart, Isle of Iona, April (creative & reflective writing-based) (click on link) 2 separate weeks, both in April Just 1 or 2 places left
- Poetry, Place & Pilgrimage, West Cornwall, 9-14 June
- Writing the Bright Moment at Gardoussel in the French mountains, 27 August-3 September
- Seize the Week at Gardoussel (untutored work-in-progress writing project week) 3 – 10 September
- Tongues in Trees, in Brittany’s enchanted Forêt de Huelgoat, October, tba
A précis of feedback says ‘Roselle is a popular and inspiring tutor, and a warm wise-woman, who’s been leading FIRE IN THE HEAD workshops and retreats for 23 years. She has an amazing ability to get you to write.’