Please check the page relevant to any courses that I organise myself for my policy on cancellations and refunds. Generally the latter are not available on residential courses as I have contractual, financial and administrative commitments to the venues which don’t change if you withdraw, although clearly if I have to cancel the course for personal reasons you will be refunded. NB THIS LATTER DOES NOT APPLY TO A GLOBAL EVENT – AN ‘ACT OF GOD’ – OUT OF MY CONTROL, HOWEVER. Examples of this might be extreme weather, widespread transport strikes, civil unrest or the current virus pandemic. I advise travel insurance.
The 2020 coronavirus pandemic is an example of an ‘act of God’ for which, not being God, I cannot take responsibility. In this case, in 2020 I offered refunds of the balance, but not the deposits, to all the participants (and in our strange circumstances I also designed and delivered an online version of the Iona week as a one-off). Any such future events will be considered on a case-by-case basis. COVID 2022: SEE BELOW
This is my general policy on cancellations, notably for the Iona courses:
- THE DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE. I have had to become strict with this.
- Generally speaking, if you cancel your place on Islands of the Heart before January 31st, any BALANCE you have already paid is refundable, minus £50 admin/readvertising costs. But see below for Covid 2022.
- After that no refunds are possible except if I have to cancel the whole course.
- Please also note that in a ‘normal’ year – whatever that is now – none of the course fee, if you cancel, is transferable.
- You might want to consider travel insurance. Clearly, in the highly-unlikely event that I have to cancel the course for personal reasons, you will have a full refund of my fee.
COVID IN 2022
NB If in 2022 Covid means the whole course has to be cancelled, I will refund your full balance and half your deposit or, in this case, exceptionally, I will transfer the balance and the half-deposit to the next available Iona week (2023). MARCH 2022: as a goodwill gesture in the face of rising numbers, if you test positive and have to withdraw in the week before the course starts, I have decided that I will transfer £100 of your 2022 fee to 2023. Regrettably, nothing else is refundable or transferable.
MORE ON COVID NB a vaccination is not a requirement of attendance on this course, and I am not willing to ‘police’ this. However, a lateral flow test before arriving on the island IS mandatory, and I may ask for tests throughout the week, so please bring test kits, and also a mask. It’s in your interest to test before you leave home, too. I may also put in place some social distancing, as in 2021.
PLEASE NOTE TOO that the material in the courses is copyright, and I require that you don’t use any of it for personal or professional gain ‘out in the world’. You will be asked on the Contact page to tick a box confirming that you accept these conditions.
Your signing up for a course is taken as an acceptance of these conditions.
I think I should also say that I reserve the right to offer your ‘pencilled’ place to someone from the waiting list if you have not confirmed, with a deposit, by the date I ask you to in an email, unless we have agreed this delay.
© Roselle Angwin, 1991–2022